5) Gas: I drive an SUV and gas is too damn high.
4) Open Mics: Why do rappers get mad when they can’t perform at an open mic ’cause they show up at 1:30 and the club closes at two? Stupid …
3) New Music: How come when an artist wants a DJ (me) to play their music, they swear it will be the hottest song this side of the Mississippi, and the song sounds like they did it in they momma’s basement with a Casio and a four-track cassette recorder?
2) Why? … is the music biz afraid to put the "D" out there?
1) Radio: Stop letting the radio determine what’s a hot song. Just because it gets played 700 times a day does not make it a good song. I love Frosted Flakes but there is no way in hell I will eat it for breakfast, lunch and dinner, and neither would you. Stop being sheep and think. Send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome readers to submit letters regarding articles and content in Detroit Metro Times. Letters should be a minimum of 150 words, refer to content that has appeared on Detroit Metro Times, and must include the writer's full name, address, and phone number for verification purposes. No attachments will be considered. Writers of letters selected for publication will be notified via email. Letters may be edited and shortened for space.
Email us at email@example.com.
Support Local Journalism.
Join the Detroit Metro Times Press Club
Local journalism is information. Information is power. And we believe everyone deserves access to accurate independent coverage of their community and state. Our readers helped us continue this coverage in 2020, and we are so grateful for the support.
Help us keep this coverage going in 2021. Whether it's a one-time acknowledgement of this article or an ongoing membership pledge, your support goes to local-based reporting from our small but mighty team.
Join the Metro Times Press Club for as little as $5 a month.