5) Gas: I drive an SUV and gas is too damn high.
4) Open Mics: Why do rappers get mad when they can’t perform at an open mic ’cause they show up at 1:30 and the club closes at two? Stupid …
3) New Music: How come when an artist wants a DJ (me) to play their music, they swear it will be the hottest song this side of the Mississippi, and the song sounds like they did it in they momma’s basement with a Casio and a four-track cassette recorder?
2) Why? … is the music biz afraid to put the "D" out there?
1) Radio: Stop letting the radio determine what’s a hot song. Just because it gets played 700 times a day does not make it a good song. I love Frosted Flakes but there is no way in hell I will eat it for breakfast, lunch and dinner, and neither would you. Stop being sheep and think. Send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome readers to submit letters regarding articles and content in Detroit Metro Times. Letters should be a minimum of 150 words, refer to content that has appeared on Detroit Metro Times, and must include the writer's full name, address, and phone number for verification purposes. No attachments will be considered. Writers of letters selected for publication will be notified via email. Letters may be edited and shortened for space.
Email us at email@example.com.
Detroit Metro Times works for you, and your support is essential.
Our small but mighty local team works tirelessly to bring you high-quality, uncensored news and cultural coverage of Detroit and beyond.
Unlike many newspapers, ours is free – and we'd like to keep it that way, because we believe, now more than ever, everyone deserves access to accurate, independent coverage of their community.
Whether it's a one-time acknowledgement of this article or an ongoing pledge, your support helps keep Detroit's true free press free.