Maryland funk-metal maestros Jimmies Chicken Shack skirted the edge of mainstream popularity in the late 90s, and their hodgepodge of musical styles never found the same audience as lesser bands like Korn or Hed PE. Between blasts of chunky and sludgy hard rock, JCS often kicks into pop-fueled punk rave-ups (Do Right), reggae-stained ballads (String of Pearls) or cockeyed funk that sometimes recalls the Red Hot Chili Peppers. Word is, JCS is not to be missed live. While in the studio working on their sixth album last week, lead man Jimmy Haha burped up these monomanias.
5. Meds: It just seems like it is the hip thing to do. Maybe Ill stop thinking about Brad Pitt schtupping the Tomb Raider. Then again, one of my interchangeable heads would be thinking about completely different things. Which I think is a sign that I really should consider that medication.
4. The Buddha of suburbia: I have a fresh snowboard that needs breaking in.
3. Pitt envy: Hes smacking Angelina Jolie around in movies and at home and I am not. Damnit.
2. Tell Alan Freed the news: Im thinking about starting a hip-hop band. Rock is dead, havent you heard?
1. Kid with the replaceable head: Theyve replaced someones face. I could sure use a spinal replacement and some interchangeable heads. When will advancements in this useful field begin?
Wednesday, Dec. 28, at the Machine Shop, 3539 S. Dort Hwy., Flint; 810-715-2650. 18 and up. Doors at 7 p.m.
Send comments to email@example.com