Troy has always wanted its own Maroon 5! That isn't a slight. Greenstreet, the quartet of twentysomething dudes that calls the burbs home, just draws from the same sonic well as Adam Levine and co., a sound that includes elements of Motown, slicker, more contemporary R&B and the easily accessible pop-rock of late-'90s heyday groups like Matchbox 20. Dudes have done pretty well with it too they're regulars at upscale casual places like Fifth Avenue, as well as college towns. In the spirit of their annual Magic Bag holiday show, the band gave us their un-chapped, quick-starting holiday wish list. Mmm, beefy.
5. Chap Stick: Give us Chap Stick, because do you really want to see Matt Kysia sing with nasty, cracked lips? Oh, and we prefer Classic Original flavor.
4. Automatic Starters: They make the cold winter mornings in Michigan a lot more bearable ... well, automatic starters and lots of coffee.
3. Guitar Center Gift Cards: Because, of the three guitar picks we could afford this year, there's only one left, and it's getting pretty worn down.
2. National Lam-poon's Christmas Vacation: Sure to become a holiday fave in the Greenstreet practice space. It's the gift that keeps on giving.
1. Beef & Cheese: With a shelf life twice that of weapons-grade plutonium, it's the perfect snack for anytime, anywhere unless that anywhere is nowhere near a bathroom. Unfortunately, beef & cheese is also the gift that keeps on giving.
Tuesday, Dec. 21, at Magic Bag, 22920 Woodward Ave., Ferndale; 248-544-3030. With the Robin Horlock Band and Jeff Tessler.Send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org