Kurt Cobain faves the Melvins still rock. Here, leader King Buzzo burps up his Top Five Last Meal Requests from Death Row:
5. Robert Dale Conklin, 2005: Executed for stabbing and dismembering gay lover with a screwdriver. Filet mignon wrapped with bacon, shrimp sautéed in garlic butter with lemon, baked potato with butter, sour cream, chives and real bacon bits; asparagus with Hollandaise sauce; French bread with butter; goat cheese; apple pie; vanilla bean ice cream and iced tea. Last words: "Amen."
4. Charles Daniel Thacker, 2005: Executed for strangling and attempted rape of an elementary school teacher. Two double cheeseburgers, French fries, onion rings, fajitas, and two Mountain Dews, Coca-Colas and Dr. Peppers, guacamole dip with tortilla chips, four slices of pepperoni pizza, a chocolate chip cookie, two slices of double chocolate cake and two pints of ice cream. Last words: "I'm sorry ... I know God will forgive me" and "They couldn't find a vein on my arm."
3. Henry Lee Hunt, 2003: Executed for the contract killing of a man and a police informant. Domino's pizza with pepperoni, hamburger, Canadian bacon, sausage, onions, mushrooms and green peppers, and Coke. Last words: "It's a good day to die."
2. James Willie Brown, 2003: Executed for raping and suffocating a topless dancer. Foot-long chili dog with everything, French fries, dill pickle, strawberry ice cream and 7-Up. Last words: "No comment."
1. Anthony Johnson, 2002: Executed for the shooting of a jeweler. A prison vending machine sandwich. Last words: "I'd just like to say to my friends, I loved them."
Friday, Sept. 28, at Smalls, 10339 Conant St, Hamtramck; 313-873-1117.Send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org