Among other things, Detroit-born rock star Alice Cooper is well-known for his fetishistic relationship with horror, in both film and ironic turn of phrases (hear "Dead Babies," etc.). True, others have appropriated Cooper's love of horror, but without the irony. Where'd Rob Zombie be? Anyway, here the Coop gives us his Top 5 rentals for Halloween week.
5. Wishmaster: (Wishmaster 2, Wishmaster 3, Wishmaster 4) Doesn't matter which one. Although the first was directed by Wes Craven and has Robert Englund as an antique collector and Kane Hodder (Jason Voorhees in the Friday the 13th). Be careful what you wish for and Happy Halloween!
4. Re-Animator: H.P. Lovecraft's novel starring Jeremy Combs as an insane doctor. Good special effects.
3. Demons: Dario Argento's film about kids trapped in a movie theater where the Demons in the movie come alive. Exceptionally bloody.
2. Rabid: Ex-porno star Marilyn Chambers stars in a surprisingly good B-movie which is truly grizzly yet ... somehow moving.
1. Shriek Of The Mutilated: I can't remember a thing about it. But the title pretty much says it all, so that's good enough for me.