1) The art community mourns Heidelberg Project’s ‘House of Soul,’ destroyed by fire.
2) $225 Glow-in-the-dark ice cream that gets brighter with each lick? Mmmmm, jellyfish protein.
3) Best dive bars in Detroit according to Thrillist.com: Dive bars or histper hangouts?
4) 14 beautiful hotels inspired by literature.
5) This week the night sky is putting on a show! Here are six cosmic events that might make you leave the city behind.
6) Here’s a NY Times quiz to see how well you read emotion from a limited range of eyes.
7) Disney’s collaborating with James Cameron for an AVATAR themed portion of the Animal Kingdom.
8) Introducing Urbee 2, the 3D printed car that’ll drive across the country in two years.
9) Lays presents a new chocolate dipped potato chip.
10) Reactions to Anthony Bourdain’s Detroit episode.
We welcome readers to submit letters regarding articles and content in Detroit Metro Times. Letters should be a minimum of 150 words, refer to content that has appeared on Detroit Metro Times, and must include the writer's full name, address, and phone number for verification purposes. No attachments will be considered. Writers of letters selected for publication will be notified via email. Letters may be edited and shortened for space.
Email us at email@example.com.
Support Local Journalism.
Join the Detroit Metro Times Press Club
Local journalism is information. Information is power. And we believe everyone deserves access to accurate independent coverage of their community and state. Our readers helped us continue this coverage in 2020, and we are so grateful for the support.
Help us keep this coverage going in 2021. Whether it's a one-time acknowledgement of this article or an ongoing membership pledge, your support goes to local-based reporting from our small but mighty team.
Join the Metro Times Press Club for as little as $5 a month.