1) The art community mourns Heidelberg Project’s ‘House of Soul,’ destroyed by fire.
2) $225 Glow-in-the-dark ice cream that gets brighter with each lick? Mmmmm, jellyfish protein.
3) Best dive bars in Detroit according to Thrillist.com: Dive bars or histper hangouts?
4) 14 beautiful hotels inspired by literature.
5) This week the night sky is putting on a show! Here are six cosmic events that might make you leave the city behind.
6) Here’s a NY Times quiz to see how well you read emotion from a limited range of eyes.
7) Disney’s collaborating with James Cameron for an AVATAR themed portion of the Animal Kingdom.
8) Introducing Urbee 2, the 3D printed car that’ll drive across the country in two years.
9) Lays presents a new chocolate dipped potato chip.
10) Reactions to Anthony Bourdain’s Detroit episode.
We welcome readers to submit letters regarding articles and content in Detroit Metro Times. Letters should be a minimum of 150 words, refer to content that has appeared on Detroit Metro Times, and must include the writer's full name, address, and phone number for verification purposes. No attachments will be considered. Writers of letters selected for publication will be notified via email. Letters may be edited and shortened for space.
Email us at email@example.com.
Detroit Metro Times works for you, and your support is essential.
Our small but mighty local team works tirelessly to bring you high-quality, uncensored news and cultural coverage of Detroit and beyond.
Unlike many newspapers, ours is free – and we'd like to keep it that way, because we believe, now more than ever, everyone deserves access to accurate, independent coverage of their community.
Whether it's a one-time acknowledgement of this article or an ongoing pledge, your support helps keep Detroit's true free press free.