2) Our music choices can predict our personalities. Music helps us exercise. Here's eight surprising ways music affects our brains.
3) "Whatever you call it, one thing is clear: the area of Detroit that runs along Cass Avenue — from Cass Park to the south and Wayne State to the north — is changing." Here's a brief history of the Cass Corridor. (Critical Moment)
4) Has the identity of 'Jack the Ripper' finally been cracked? (Daily News)
5) Here's a time-lapse video of the construction of one of Shinola's bikes.
6) Marjorie Fisher (wife of the late mogul and philanthropist Max Fisher) may live in Florida now, but she quietly put $1 million behind blight removal and job creation efforts in Detroit's Brightmoor neighborhood. Thanks! (Crain's Detroit)
7) Leaked stories by J.D. Salinger pose an ethical dilemma for fans of the Catcher In The Rye writer. (NPR)
8) Business cards? Pshh. This photographer sends tiny versions of himself to his prospective clients. (The Verge)
9) "The team had decided yes. The player had decided the same. It was set. It was going to happen. An NFL player was going to publicly say he was gay and then play in the NFL." Read the inside story of how this plan all fell apart. (The Bleacher Report)
10) Here's an unreleased Velvet Underground song, "I'm Not a Young Many Anymore." It'll be released as part of a White Light/White Heat reissue. (NME)