by Doug Coombe
In honor of the latest Facebook fad of posting 25 things about yourself, we present 25 things about Matt Jones -- live from Powell's Bar in Ypsilanti.
1) Matt's real first name is Richard.
2) Matt plays tuba every Christmas at church in Adrian.
3) Matt was homecoming and prom king in Adrian.
4) Matt was caught playing basketball in a priest uniform by a priest. He was then fired.
5) While playing at the Gold Dollar once, Matt accidentally swallowed a guitar pick which lodged itself in his trachea and Matt wound up at the hospital.
6) Matt has played/plays with Misty Lyn and the Big Beautiful, Elm From Arm, Dabenport, Chris Bathgate and Barzin. Matt has also been a fill-in Fido for GLMS.
7) Matt's favorite musicians are the Boss (aka BROOOOCE!), Scott Joplin, Frank Zappa and Misty Lyn.
8) Matt and Misty recently saw Metallica at Joe Louis.
9) Matt's musical guilty pleasures are Linkin Park, Air Supply and Chris Bathgate.
10) Matt will karaoke any Springsteen song anytime, anywhere.
11) Matt plays guitar, bass, drums, piano, tuba, trombone, euphonium, zither and autoharp.
12) Matt has ulcerative colitis.
13) Matt literally drank a music rep into the gutter at SXSW.
14) Matt is afraid of bears.
15) Matt's favorite local musicians are GLMS, Misty Lyn, Dabenport, the High Strung and the Sisters Lucas.
16) Matt prefers texting to talking.
17) Matt can narrate The Empire Strikes Back from start to finish.
18) Matt is obsessed with the Civil War. He has the Union and Confederate lines at Gettysburg tattooed on his arm.
19) Matt painted the home of the owner of Target.
20) The first song Matt fell in love with was "Slip Slidin' Away" by Paul Simon.
21) If there was a battle of the bands Matt would fucking win. Even with an acoustic guitar.
22) Matt would eat Chantal Kreviazuk.
23) "Being as honest as possible means you're going to be the community dickwad."
24) Matt played in Lightning Tits and Trailer Park Wife Swappers in high school.
25) Matt received an interesting offer at work. Ask him about it at the Elbow Room this weekend.
Mr. Jones: He's got a thing goin' on...