Also in the new series for 2009-2010:
• Paquito D’Rivera and New York Voices working from the repertoire of their Brazilian Dreams disc, Nov. 20
• Preservation Hall’s Creole Christmas, Dec. 15.
• Chris Botti, Jan. 15, 2010.
• Jane Monheit (for Valentine’s Day), Feb. 12, 2010.
• Michael Camilo, the DSO’s new Fred A. and Barbara M. Erb jazz creative director, May 7. 2010.
Meanwhile, the Detroit Symphony Orchestra has also announced its collaborators and schedule for the DTE Energy Foundation Pops Series:
• Dave Grusin, Oct. 8-11, featuring film scores by Grusin (including music of Tootsie and On Golden Pond) as well as the music of George Gershwin, Henry Mancini and Grusin's jazz works.
• Disco Days and Boogie Nights, Nov. 12-15, with conductor Jack Everly leading the a cappella ensemble Chapter 6 and the DSO featuring music of the Bee Gees, ABBA, Gloria Gaynor, Queen and more.
• A yuletide special with the DSO, Dec. 17-20.
• Jeff Tyzik, vocalist Steve Lippia and trombonist Jim Pugh in a swing era salute, Jan. 7-10.
• Conductor Steven Reineke and the London, Ontario-based rock ensemble Jeans ‘N Classics with Endless Summer: The Music of the Beach Boys, Feb. 18-21.
• Cherish the Ladies and conductor Bruce Hangen join the DSO for a St. Patrick's Day celebration, Mar. 18-21.
• Conductor Michael Krajewski and the DSO reprise classic themes in Bond and Beyond, Apr. 15-18.
• Conductor Erich Kunzel leads the DSO on Broadway hits for Music of the Night, May 20-23.