Native Signal played the New Way in Ferndale Saturday night, on a SummerFest bill with the likes of the awesome Electric Corpse and Cobra Frank. While watching, I learned a couple of things:
1. Matt from Electric Corpse is pretty good at pool, but he and his brother were still beaten by myself and my buddy.
2. Bruce, the sound guy at the New Way, is one of the funniest men in Detroit.
3. Native Signal are a pretty good, is slightly under-rehearsed, folkly country rock band.
4. The song “Frank Zappa” is awesome.
5. The fiddle is an under-used instrument in rock.
To be fair, Native Signal pride themselves on being laid back, chilled out, and just a band playing cool songs for their friends. That’s exactly what happened at the New Way.Follow @City_Slang
We welcome readers to submit letters regarding articles and content in Detroit Metro Times. Letters should be a minimum of 150 words, refer to content that has appeared on Detroit Metro Times, and must include the writer's full name, address, and phone number for verification purposes. No attachments will be considered. Writers of letters selected for publication will be notified via email. Letters may be edited and shortened for space.
Email us at email@example.com.
Support Local Journalism.
Join the Detroit Metro Times Press Club
Local journalism is information. Information is power. And we believe everyone deserves access to accurate independent coverage of their community and state. Our readers helped us continue this coverage in 2020, and we are so grateful for the support.
Help us keep this coverage going in 2021. Whether it's a one-time acknowledgement of this article or an ongoing membership pledge, your support goes to local-based reporting from our small but mighty team.
Join the Metro Times Press Club for as little as $5 a month.