Native Signal played the New Way in Ferndale Saturday night, on a SummerFest bill with the likes of the awesome Electric Corpse and Cobra Frank. While watching, I learned a couple of things:
1. Matt from Electric Corpse is pretty good at pool, but he and his brother were still beaten by myself and my buddy.
2. Bruce, the sound guy at the New Way, is one of the funniest men in Detroit.
3. Native Signal are a pretty good, is slightly under-rehearsed, folkly country rock band.
4. The song “Frank Zappa” is awesome.
5. The fiddle is an under-used instrument in rock.
To be fair, Native Signal pride themselves on being laid back, chilled out, and just a band playing cool songs for their friends. That’s exactly what happened at the New Way.Follow @City_Slang
We welcome readers to submit letters regarding articles and content in Detroit Metro Times. Letters should be a minimum of 150 words, refer to content that has appeared on Detroit Metro Times, and must include the writer's full name, address, and phone number for verification purposes. No attachments will be considered. Writers of letters selected for publication will be notified via email. Letters may be edited and shortened for space.
Email us at email@example.com.
Detroit Metro Times works for you, and your support is essential.
Our small but mighty local team works tirelessly to bring you high-quality, uncensored news and cultural coverage of Detroit and beyond.
Unlike many newspapers, ours is free – and we'd like to keep it that way, because we believe, now more than ever, everyone deserves access to accurate, independent coverage of their community.
Whether it's a one-time acknowledgement of this article or an ongoing pledge, your support helps keep Detroit's true free press free.