As I've intoned elsewhere, it's essentially ludicrous to try and hem the whole of a calendar year's released music into a quintessential list. These are just songs that stuck out for me, garnered the most replays and showed each artist at one/some of their personal best creative moments...
20. J. Walker & the Crossguards - "Driftin' Around" (Beehive)
19. Mic Write - "Tryna" (self-release)
18. Child Sleep - "Monster" (self-release)
17. 3FT - "Underground" (self-release)
16. Pewter Cub - "King Baby" (Bellyache Records)
15. Drunken Barn Dance - "Welcome College Town Revelers" (Quite Scientific)
Stream it here: http://ghostlysongs.com/track/NDYyNzY2LTIzOGYzYQ/
14. Wasabi Dream "Journey To The Center Of Your Mind" (self-release)
13. Lord Scrummage - "We All Need Honey" (self-release)
12. Flint Eastwood - "Secretary" (self-release)
11. Double Weirdo – "Tame Tame" (Runaway Records)
We welcome readers to submit letters regarding articles and content in Detroit Metro Times. Letters should be a minimum of 150 words, refer to content that has appeared on Detroit Metro Times, and must include the writer's full name, address, and phone number for verification purposes. No attachments will be considered. Writers of letters selected for publication will be notified via email. Letters may be edited and shortened for space.
Email us at [email protected].
Support Local Journalism.
Join the Detroit Metro Times Press Club
Local journalism is information. Information is power. And we believe everyone deserves access to accurate independent coverage of their community and state. Our readers helped us continue this coverage in 2020, and we are so grateful for the support.
Help us keep this coverage going in 2021. Whether it's a one-time acknowledgement of this article or an ongoing membership pledge, your support goes to local-based reporting from our small but mighty team.
Join the Metro Times Press Club for as little as $5 a month.