Opened in 1953, this cozy, 76-seat restaurant was originally a house, built in 1923. It was purchased in 1993, but the new owners kept the name and the Italian kitchen, churning out an increasing variety of pizza, pasta and steak. It’s an old-fashioned, romantic Italian joint, with a small bar and 13 tables (seven of them in a small, candlelit back dining room) all clad in red-and-white checkered tablecloths. How romantic is it? The restaurant’s general manager, Scott Palmer, tells us they’ve had 150 proposals take place there over the last 20 years. Clearly, this is where Macomb County proposers take a knee.
© 2017 Detroit Metro Times