Detroit's hottest restaurant is Parc


A fire occurred at downtown Detroit's Parc, a high-end restaurant in Campus Martius, Tuesday afternoon.

According to Parc owner Zaid Elia, a piece of wood caught on fire and then went up the flue, which made the fire appear "a thousand times more dramatic" than it actually was, he says.

Elia said the flue, which is a channel in a chimney that moves flames and smoke to the outside, worked effectively and minimized damage.

"The flue did its job because it contained the fire," Elia says.

Footage shows flames and smoke rising from the Parc, which is located near Shake Shack, Texas de Brazil, and the Meridian Health Plan building.

No one was hurt, and damage was minimal. Elia says the Parc is expected to be up and running again tomorrow.

Stay on top of Detroit news and views. Sign up for our weekly issue newsletter delivered each Wednesday.


We welcome readers to submit letters regarding articles and content in Detroit Metro Times. Letters should be a minimum of 150 words, refer to content that has appeared on Detroit Metro Times, and must include the writer's full name, address, and phone number for verification purposes. No attachments will be considered. Writers of letters selected for publication will be notified via email. Letters may be edited and shortened for space.

Email us at

Support Local Journalism.
Join the Detroit Metro Times Press Club

Local journalism is information. Information is power. And we believe everyone deserves access to accurate independent coverage of their community and state. Our readers helped us continue this coverage in 2020, and we are so grateful for the support.

Help us keep this coverage going in 2021. Whether it's a one-time acknowledgement of this article or an ongoing membership pledge, your support goes to local-based reporting from our small but mighty team.

Join the Metro Times Press Club for as little as $5 a month.