• 48 percent of respondents currently get around by walking
• 44 percent of respondents currently get around by biking
• 73 percent of respondents would like to get around by biking
• 63 percent of respondents would like to get around by walking
• 26 percent of respondents typically bike for recreation and transportation
The greatest impediment for people not walking is:
• Weather (63 percent)
• Distance or time constraints (52 percent)
• Lack of sidewalks or paths (43 percent)
The greatest impediment for people not biking is:
• Lack of facilities or infrastructure (67 percent)
• Weather (62 percent)
• Personal safety/security (43 percent)
We welcome readers to submit letters regarding articles and content in Detroit Metro Times. Letters should be a minimum of 150 words, refer to content that has appeared on Detroit Metro Times, and must include the writer's full name, address, and phone number for verification purposes. No attachments will be considered. Writers of letters selected for publication will be notified via email. Letters may be edited and shortened for space.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Detroit Metro Times works for you, and your support is essential.
Our small but mighty local team works tirelessly to bring you high-quality, uncensored news and cultural coverage of Detroit and beyond.
Unlike many newspapers, ours is free – and we'd like to keep it that way, because we believe, now more than ever, everyone deserves access to accurate, independent coverage of their community.
Whether it's a one-time acknowledgement of this article or an ongoing pledge, your support helps keep Detroit's true free press free.