Why, the scariest place in southeast Michigan, of course!
Erebus, the fabled four-story Halloween frightfest in downtown Pontiac billed as the world's largest walk-through haunted attraction, is the site for this week's new episode of My Ghost Story, premiering at 9 p.m. Saturday on BIO.
In the segment, Erebus co-owner Ed Terebus and his nephew, Zack, a full-time employee, are the featured storytellers, relating the history of the house and the findings of a paranormal investigator who visited the location the Saturday before last Halloween – when the spirits presumably would be riled up by the thousands of visitors walking through.
Ed says that when he purchased the 100,000 square-foot property, it had been vacant nearly 40 years. "When we bought the house there were rumors about this homeless guy who died in the basement," he says. Although they could neither confirm nor deny the story, a sleeping bag and pillow were discovered in the basement... and left there. You know, just in case.
Apparently the homeless ghost is a noisy sleeper."There have been two occasions where I was 100 percent convinced that someone was in this building," says Ed, who lives in a loft on the building's third floor. "I called the p0lice, a K-9 unit searched the whole house, and found nothing."
Oh, but the paranormal investigator who took measurements throughout the building found – oh, why spoil a good ghost story by giving the ending away? The My Ghost Story episode repeats at the stroke of midnight on BIO.
We welcome readers to submit letters regarding articles and content in Detroit Metro Times. Letters should be a minimum of 150 words, refer to content that has appeared on Detroit Metro Times, and must include the writer's full name, address, and phone number for verification purposes. No attachments will be considered. Writers of letters selected for publication will be notified via email. Letters may be edited and shortened for space.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Detroit Metro Times works for you, and your support is essential.
Our small but mighty local team works tirelessly to bring you high-quality, uncensored news and cultural coverage of Detroit and beyond.
Unlike many newspapers, ours is free – and we'd like to keep it that way, because we believe, now more than ever, everyone deserves access to accurate, independent coverage of their community.
Whether it's a one-time acknowledgement of this article or an ongoing pledge, your support helps keep Detroit's true free press free.