Four-year-old mistakenly served alcohol at Detroit restaurant

by

FLICKR CC, KEVEN MENARD PHOTOGRAPHY
  • Flickr CC, Keven Menard Photography
A four-year-old girl from Southfield was hospitalized this week after she was accidentally served alcohol at a Detroit restaurant.

WDIV reports the mother of the child ordered her daughter a virgin strawberry daiquiri on Sunday evening at Armando's in Detroit's Mexicantown but that her daughter's beverage was mixed up with another table's alcoholic drinks.

"Two drinks that look exactly the same, ordered by two different tables, got mixed up. One of the drinks had alcohol in it and the other didn't. The one with alcohol went to the little girl and the result was caught on tape," Jason Colthorp from WDIV reports.

The child was taken to the hospital and was determined to be unharmed.

Following the incident, Armando's General Manager released this statement: "Although it was an isolated incident, Armando’s will take immediate action to ensure our staff receives retraining in alcohol service through the servsafe alcohol program."

Catch the full WDIV report here.


comment