American Craft Beer Week begins on Monday, May 16 and continues through Sunday, May 22, with over 4,000 small and independent craft breweries participating in all 50 states.
This week is the 10th anniversary of the ACBW celebration and there's tons of stuff going on, including exclusive brewery tours, special craft beer and food releases, and other events celebrating the local beer community.
Here's a rundown of some of our top picks for how to celebrate.
1. Granite City Food & Brewery will release a limited edition Blood Orange Pale Ale along with daily beer and meal specials and brewery tours throughout the week, including the first beer for only a buck. Check out Granite City’s locations inside the Renaissance Center, and in Northville and Troy for more details.
2. Harsens Island Beer Co. in Rochester will brew the #BiggestSmallBeerEver. This special recipe was created solely for celebrating American Craft Beer Week and was given to participating breweries.
3. Sherwood Brewing Co. will be hosting DETROIT BEER, a historical journey through Detroit’s brewing industry, past and present on Tuesday, May 17 from 6:30-8:00pm. Charlie Korpal, a tour guide for Stroh’s Brewery in the 1950s, will also be here to discuss the brewing industry in Detroit during that time. This is a free event.
4. Tilted Kilt Pub in Sterling Heights will be hosting a Samuel Adams tap takeover on Thursday May 19, starting at 6pm. Choose from six special Sam Adams beers for one night only.
5. Arbor Brewing Co. will be tapping new releases each day throughout the week. Limited brews and teasers for future releases will be available Monday through Sunday.
6. Local Buffalo Wild Wings locations including Detroit, Royal Oak, Rochester Hills, Livonia, Warren, and Dearborn, will also be celebrating ACBW.