Ferndale's Otus Supply will celebrate the end of its first year with a week full of films, live music, art, special dinners, and more events.
The 10,000-square-foot restaurant and live music venue quickly made its name on creative New American fare — a style that can fall flat in the wrong hands. The concept is handled masterfully here (see our review
) with dishes like wood-fired octopus (kimchi, puffed black rice, and kombucha honey vinaigrette) or the All Choked Up pizza (gorgonzola, mozzarella, sunchokes, Brussel's sprouts, and cured yolks).
The planned events kick off next week. On deck:
• Festivities kick off Monday with a double feature movie presentation of The Kingsman: Golden Circle
and Kingsman: The Secret Service
, presented by Old Forester from 8 p.m. to 12:30 a.m.; no cover.
• On Tuesday, Jan. 9, the Ferndale Area Chamber presents Take 5! Networking Event. Attendees are encouraged to come out and toast to the new business year with fellow Chamber members. The event is scheduled from 5-7 p.m; no cover.
• Wednesday, Jan. 10, Otus Supply will present "Gimme Shelter" a dinner and concert to benefit South Oakland Shelter (SOS). The event will feature a performance from Dave Simonett from Trampled By Turtles, and a portion of event proceeds will benefit homeless men, women, and children who receive care and assistance at SOS. The benefit includes a four course dinner at 6 p.m., wine pairings, and an intimate concert. Show-only tickets are also available for $25; dinner and show tickets are $100.
• Thursday, Jan. 11 is the inaugural Otus Cellar Beer Fest, which will feature samples of special cellar beers. Tickets are $30 and include eight tokens, each good for a 2-ounce taste of any beer, and access to the wood-fired pizza bar.
• Friday, Jan. 10 features performances by Ohio jam legends the Werks, joined by special guest Sun Tribe. Tickets are $15 in advance.
• Saturday, Jan. 13's sold-out event includes the Budos Band, marking their first show in Michigan in nearly seven years.
• On Sunday, Jan. 14, one-man jam band Keller Williams will perform. Tickets are $30 in advance.
• And the anniversary events ends on Monday, Jan. 15 with a special Martin Luther King Jr. Day performance by Grammy-winning Rebirth Brass Band. Tickets are $25 in advance.
More information is available on Otus Supply's Facebook page