Why is this question important? Some troubling facts:
• Metro-Detroiters drive further to work than their compatriots in any other American city
• 40% of land in Downtown Detroit is devoted to parking
• Downtown has 60,000 parking spaces — and growing
• That's almost 7 Empire State Buildings worth of parking
• Is this a waste of space?
• What more could we do with it if we changed our commuting habits?
We welcome readers to submit letters regarding articles and content in Detroit Metro Times. Letters should be a minimum of 150 words, refer to content that has appeared on Detroit Metro Times, and must include the writer's full name, address, and phone number for verification purposes. No attachments will be considered. Writers of letters selected for publication will be notified via email. Letters may be edited and shortened for space.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Detroit Metro Times works for you, and your support is essential.
Our small but mighty local team works tirelessly to bring you high-quality, uncensored news and cultural coverage of Detroit and beyond.
Unlike many newspapers, ours is free – and we'd like to keep it that way, because we believe, now more than ever, everyone deserves access to accurate, independent coverage of their community.
Whether it's a one-time acknowledgement of this article or an ongoing pledge, your support helps keep Detroit's true free press free.